Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit
Friday, December 7, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Engineering Education & Research Center
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Join the Texas Girls Collaborative Project for our 2nd Annual Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit designed to share best practices, connect organizations and individuals, and showcase outstanding efforts to increase the number of girls in STEM and support the retention of women in STEM careers. STEM professionals and all who are engaged in education, outreach, recruitment, and/or retention of women and girls in STEM are invited to join in.
This event is hosted during Computer Science Education Week (CSEdWeek), held in recognition of the birthday of computing pioneer Admiral Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906), and is one of the many events or programs joining in the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem's CSEdWeek amplification.
Call for Presenters: Share best practices, highlight promising practices, lead workshops or facilitate discussions. Anticipated tracks include male advocacy/allies, general inclusion and diversity, volunteering and mentoring, pre-K / elementary school engagement, middle school engagement, high school engagement, college engagement, workforce engagement / corporate women in STEM/tech affinity groups. Submit your proposal online by Friday, September 21.
Registration: Cost is $75 and includes parking validation, breakfast and lunch. Accepted presenters will receive a discounted registration rate. Register online by Wednesday, December 5.
Corporate Partnerships: Contact Tricia Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to support the Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit.
Social Media: Find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @TXGCP. We'll use hashtag #TXGCPSummit for the event.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Check-in, Networking, Breakfast Tacos & Coffee
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Welcome, Stand Up for STEM Awards, Power of Mentors Panel
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. Breakout Sessions 1
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 2
- 12:20 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch, Networking, Meet Ups & Resource Sharing, Self-Guided Tours
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 3
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions 4
- 3:20 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closing Reception, Networking, Resource Sharing
See the Texas Women and Girls in STEM Summit 2017 webpage for past presentations.